Tips for a Veggie-Filled Life:
- Rule of thirds – It can help to separate your plate into three sections. One for grains, one for veg, and one for protein. Ideally, the vegetable section should be the largest, then the protein, then grain.
- Make veggies delicious – Find a blog you love, and try some of their recipes. If you enjoy the way vegetables taste, you’ll be more likely to eat them! Try Love & Lemons and Cookie + Kate.
- Fit it into the schedule – Feel that you’re way too busy to shop & cook? There are plenty of meal-order services out there that will deliver dinner to your door, and all you have to do is put it together. There are also incredible options for prepared, plant based meals that can arrive at your home ready to eat. Sakara Life & Define Foods are great examples.
- Plan ahead – What happens when we’re really busy but also want to cook each meal? Sauce is the savior here. If you prepare a couple different sauces at the beginning of the week, you can use them over whatever you make, transforming regular vegetables, grains, & proteins into delicious meals.
- Sign up for a CSA – Your local farm probably has one of these, where a basket or box of vegetables will be available for pickup or delivery every week. It’s a great way to get local veggies without the hassle of going to the store. Plus you’re sure to have the epitome of whatever is in season for your area!
- Make it a habit – eventually, it will become second nature to have vegetables at every meal, and you’ll feel odd not to incorporate them!
One Response to “Tips for a Veggie-Filled Life”
[…] worth of different vegetables. So now what? This is only the beginning of your journey. Read here for tips on how to continue a veggie-filled life, here for stories on teams we love & below for […]