My name is Laura Max Rose, and if you don’t know me, I’ve been a proud brand ambassador for Recipe for Success (and specifically, the VegOut challenge) for nearly three years. I love our mission and I love bringing it to you in such a fun, easy way every day of the year!
I’ve been working with Recipe for Success since before my daughter, Selma, was born. Even though I used to post all day long about incorporating veggies into your children’s diet, I had no idea how difficult it would be until I had my very own child that only wanted popcorn and french fries! I swore I would never be one of those parents whose kids survived on Mac n’ Cheese and Cheerios until I ultimately became one. Feeding toddlers is some seriously tough business!
The #VegOut Challenge has not only helped me grow more conscious of my own veggie intake as a busy, working mom, but its also helped me stay mindful of what Selma is eating so I can be sure she’s getting the nutrition she needs. Feeding kiddos is no easy task, but with all of the delicious veggie recipes available to me through the VegOut website and the veggie tracker in the VegOut app, I’m able to make it a fun adventure for both of us and weave in some green beans and carrots between bites of cookies and crackers.
Now that we’ve “met”, you’ll probably be seeing a lot more of me on the Recipe for Success Instagram feed, and I hope to follow you on your #VegOut2018 adventures, to. Tag me @R4SFoundation so I can see what you’re up to and share your veggie adventures with our followers! I hope you have as much fun partaking in the #VegOut2018 challenge as I have.
Happy *belated New Year,
Inspire everyone to join you in the 2017 VegOut! Challenge to celebrate National Nutrition Month in March
4 SIMPLE STEPS
- REGISTER to take the challenge and download the VegOut! mobile app before March 1 at www.vegoutwithrfs.org and start a team—of course call it something catchy.
- MAKE a short video for social media declaring to the world that you are up to the challenge and call on at least one of your friends or colleagues by name to take the challenge— maybe even join your team. Post the video to social media after February 15 with hashtag #vegoutwithrfs and the link www.vegoutwithrfs.org. Don’t forget to tag your friends!
- SHARE your VegOut! Challenge all month long throughout your social media sites and on your own feed. Tell your fans and friends what veg you are eating, where you are eating, how you’re cooking your veg, where you’re buying veg, the crazy things you’re trying, your efforts to get friends and family on board, what you love and what you hate, take snaps and video! Don’t forget to use hashtag #vegout2017 #vegoutwithrfs
- HAVE FUN
THOUGHTS for your selfie video: [Race to peel a carrot the or video of a farmers market veggie sweep or shots from your own kitchen]
“I’m taking the VegOut! Challenge in March and I am calling on [friends name] to join me by eating 30 different veggies in 30 days. [Friends name], if you step up to the plate, and pile it with veggies, I will [some ideas] . . .
- Eat lima beans— and you know how much I hate them!
- Take you out to dinner at your favorite restaurant
- Cook a celebratory meal for you
“If you wont take the VegOut! Challenge yourself, then support me!”
Make a donation to recipe for Success Foundation to bring their award winning nutrition education programs to a deserving elementary school and help them fight childhood obesity by changing the way children eat.