- 4 cups mulberries ripe, sweetened to taste
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix all of the above ingredients except the mulberries together by hand
- Heat the mulberries on the stove, being careful not to scorch them
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 8x8 or 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Add fruit, then pour the remaining batter over the fruit
- Bake in a preheated, 400-degree F oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.