Just in case you missed our segment on cw39’s Morning Dose last week! We were thrilled to have Maggie Flecknoe at Recipe House, where she tried some amazing veggies prepared by Chef Greg Martin of Bistro Menil. She’s taking the VegOut! Challenge this January, and invited the whole Morning Dose team!
Dinner In A Minute, Please!
You’re exhausted, it’s been a busy day, and you’re tempted to just call for takeout and open a bottle of wine. We get it. But we also know how that’s going to feel tomorrow morning. The good news is, we’ve got some ideas for making your weeknights speedy, easy, and deliciously healthy!
- Quinoa – This ancient grain is nutritious, easy to cook, and pairs well with almost everything. It only take 10 minutes from start to finish, then you can combine it hot or cold with whatever protein and veggies you’re having for dinner, and viola!– a delicious meal in minutes.
- Casserole – Trust us, they don’t have to be dense, tasteless bakes. There are ways to make this easy prepare-ahead dish delicious. Try a gratin, or layer some leftovers with onions, beans, parmesan, and a few spices and throw it under the broiler.
- Salad – This can be a delicious fast dinner, not to mention light and nutritious to end the day. Clean out the refrigerator and mix whatever greens you have with a protein and any combination of vegetables and beans, or eliminate greens altogether and mix corn with your favorite Mexican flavors.
- Two Pot Spot – Have some time, but don’t want to do fancy dicing, sifting, or layering? Try something like ratatouille, where you can dump a whole bunch of veggies together on a baking tray, roast them, and serve over quinoa, grits, rice, or even fold into an omelet. You’ll keep the clean up to a minimum and have a dish you can eat in multiple ways.
- Stir Fry – While you will need to do a bit of chopping, this delicious dish cooks in under 10 minutes. Using rice you prepared during the weekend, or grating a cauliflower to use as rice, will make dinner prep even quicker.
Back to School & Fall Harvest Bounty
It’s that time of year again – backpacks and school supplies are purchased, and morning rushes onto buses or into carpools reign chaotic during the week. Often, as the year gets busier, we find it hard to keep on track with healthy eating. The last thing we want to do after driving the kids all over town after school or battling over homework is to spend extra time cooking a healthy dinner from scratch. Never mind planning a healthy lunchbox for the next day! We know where you’re coming from, and we want to help.
October is also Farm to School month, so we’ll be sharing tips on ways to incorporate farmer’s market outings with the healthy foods you and your kids are eating at home!
Join us on your own, as a team, or with your school/company/friends/family for this monthlong challenge celebrating the fall abundance!
Share your VegOut! Challenge 2016 Experiences and Recipes
Please share everything with us: Recipes, Ideas, Experiences, Photos, Fun Facts and anything else that you think we would enjoy knowing! Just click “Leave A Comment” above.