- Prepare your mise en place.
- In a small mixing bowl, sprinkle salt over the daikon and toss. Set aside for 30 minutes. This is to expel water from the daikon, which will result in a crisper pickle.
- Drain and pat daikon dry with appear towel.
- Combine sugar, turmeric, vinegar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir continuously.
- Once the sugar dissolves completely, pour the hot liquid over the daikon.
- Set aside to cool (approximately 2 hours)
- Use as a condiment on EVERYTHING! Enjoy!
Keep the pickles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.