Recipe developed for the Recipe for Success Foundation Seed-to-Plate Nutrition Education™ program in schools.
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots trimmed, peeled, and grated
- 2 purple top turnips trimmed, peeled, and grated
- 1 bunch scallions trimmed and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra-virgin
- 2 small cloves garlic finely grated 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red chili flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- Combine the carrots, turnips, and parsley in a large bowl and toss until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the garlic, chile flakes, salt, and pepper, slowly adding a thin, steady stream of olive oil until emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, toss the slaw again, garnish with the sliced scallions, and taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed. ENJOY!