Fast Meals Fit For Resolutions
We know your new year is full of goals, resolutions, and plans for a great 2019, ours is too. You’re at a spin class this week, trying yoga the next. Having green juice for breakfast, quinoa bowls for dinner, and totally not drinking (okay… maybe a glass or two – I mean, it’s got antioxidants, right?). On top of that you’ve still got a full workload, social obligations, and family life…
You’ve also committed to eating more veggies. So how do you fit them in? We’ve got some great ideas for delicious & healthy recipes you can make in 20 minutes and under.
- Winter in the South is the best time for Braised Mustard Greens, and this delicious recipe will be the perfect end-of-day treat, only requiring one pan of clean up!
- Just finished your morning work out, and want a healthy way to start the rest of your day? Add a few eggs to this Garden Bok Choy Stir Fry, and you’ll have plenty of veggie-centered energy to get you to lunch or later.
- Even when you’re eating clean, you still want to snack. Instead of grabbing the chips and dip, try carrot sticks and hummus. Chickpeas are a great source of protein, and will keep you feeling satisfied until your main meal.
- Though we’re used to seeing coleslaw as a side, this delicious Mexican Coleslaw can make a great lunch. Mix this with a protein and some avocado – so good!
- For something you can prep at home on Sunday and take to the office for the perfect light lunch, try Vietnamese Spring Rolls. They’re easy to assemble, and you can create any combination of delicious veggies to suit the contents of your fridge.
Ready to get cooking? Tag us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with the hashtags #vegoutrfs & #vegout2019!
VegOut! with Maggie Flecknoe on cw39 Houston
Just in case you missed our segment on cw39’s Morning Dose last week! We were thrilled to have Maggie Flecknoe at Recipe House, where she tried some amazing veggies prepared by Chef Greg Martin of Bistro Menil. She’s taking the VegOut! Challenge this January, and invited the whole Morning Dose team!
Back to School & Fall Harvest Bounty
It’s that time of year again – backpacks and school supplies are purchased, and morning rushes onto buses or into carpools reign chaotic during the week. Often, as the year gets busier, we find it hard to keep on track with healthy eating. The last thing we want to do after driving the kids all over town after school or battling over homework is to spend extra time cooking a healthy dinner from scratch. Never mind planning a healthy lunchbox for the next day! We know where you’re coming from, and we want to help.
October is also Farm to School month, so we’ll be sharing tips on ways to incorporate farmer’s market outings with the healthy foods you and your kids are eating at home!
Join us on your own, as a team, or with your school/company/friends/family for this monthlong challenge celebrating the fall abundance!
EatingWell to Eat More Vegetables
We’re teaming up with EatingWell to help you Eat More Vegetables! There’s one simple change anyone can make to eat better and be healthier: Eat more vegetables! And the folks at EatingWell Magazine are challenging themselves and us to eat 30 vegetables in 30 days! The Eat More Vegetables Challenge kicks off today and you can find healthy recipes to try a different vegetable every day as well as helpful tips for buying, storing and prepping your veggies all HERE!
And to help you at home- EatingWell Vegetables is the ultimate book to help anyone make that change—deliciously. Written by the editors of EatingWell magazine, this book offers step-by-step basic cooking instructions with full-color photos for 101 vegetables, plus 200 easy vegetable-packed (though not necessarily vegetarian) recipes. Get it in stores in June!
Join the EatingWell Magazine group on VegOut! Race with EatingWell staffers and readers to reach the top of the leaderboard: Who can up their veggie game the most? And join EatingWell online—on Facebook, Instagram and eatingwell.com—where we’ll be featuring recipes for 30 different vegetables in 30 days this June. We’ll also be giving away a copy of EatingWell Vegetables each day on our Facebook page.