Recipe developed for the Recipe for Success Foundation Seed-to-Plate Nutrition Education™ program in schools.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic mashed into a paste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch Lacinato Kale massaged and chiffonade
- 1/2 bunch Napa cabbage chiffonade
- 1/2 bunch broccoli coarse chop of florets and stem
- 1 large kohlrabi peeled
- 1 bunch Red Ace Beets peeled
- 1/4 cup Dill fronds
- Whisk juices, garlic paste, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until dressing is emulsified; set aside.
- Grate kohlrabi and beets using the large holes of a box grater.
- Combine all veg in bowl with dressing; toss to combine.
- Let salad sit 30 minutes before serving.
- Add herbs and mix into slaw.