Recipe inspired by Sapana Chandra, Real and Vibrant
- 1 bunch kale destemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 avocados peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno seed and sliced
- 1 orange peeled and sliced
- 1 grapefruit peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced or finely diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the kale with olive oil and lemon juice until tender, for about a minute or two.
- Add the avocado, jalapeno, citrus fruit, almonds, onions, cranberries. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve immediately.