Recipe adapted from The Baker Mama
This American Flag Caprese Salad is as delicious as it is patriotic! Top with a Blueberry Balsamic Drizzle and serve with grilled baguette for a perfectly-fresh, kid friendly and festive summer dish!
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 6-8 medium to large tomatoes sliced
- 1 log fresh Mozzarella
- 2 bunches basil leaves
- 12 inch baguette
- extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- flaky salt for garnish
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut 12 mini stars out of 3 slices of fresh mozzarella using a mini star cutter. Set aside.
- With a serrated knife, slice the baguette on the diagonal into 20 even slices. Brush each slice on both sides with olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until lightly toasted and golden brown around the edges.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add blueberries and balsamic vinegar. Continuously stirring. Once blueberries burst reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken.
- Arrange toasted bauqette by layering sliced mozzarella, basil, tomato and fresh blueberries. Garnish with mozzarella stars and drizzle with blueberry balsamic glaze. Repeat and enjoy!