- 2 cup carrot tops
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and center green stem removed
- 1/2 cup almonds toasted and cooled
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemons zested, then juiced and strained
- To taste kosher salt
- To taste fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine carrot tops, basil leaves, arugula, garlic, lemon juice, and almonds in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add red pepper flakes, season with kosher salt and black pepper. Pulse to incorporate.
- While food processor is running, slowly add olive oil in a streaky stream.
- Transfer to bowl and stir in parmesan and lemon zest.
Use pesto on pasta, sauteed vegetables, or in scrambled eggs!
Pesto can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Try freezing pesto in ice cube trays for already portioned single servings to use all season. Frozen pesto will keep for up to 1 month.