Adapted by the VegOut! Team from Shubhra Ramineni’s recipe for the Recipe for Success Foundation Seed-to-Plate Nutrition Education™ program in schools.
- 1 pound fresh okra sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 bunch fresh turnip greens
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch roselle greens
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 limes juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 small onion sliced into half moons
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3-4 hot peppers seeded & diced *optional
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- Pour oil into a large nonstick skillet and place over medium-high heat
- Once the oil is heated, add the okra and lime juice. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the onion, garlic, hot peppers (optional), turmeric, cayenne, salt, and black pepper. Sauté until onions become translucent
- Add turnip greens and roselle greens then sautéed until wilted about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or the grain of your choice and enjoy!