- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup arugula or other leafy greens
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted & finely chooped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan finely grated
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon juiced
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Prepare your mise en place.
- Combine basil, arugula, oregano, garlic and walnuts in a food processor. Pulse until fine.
- Add parmesan, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until incorporated.
- While food processor is running, stream in olive oil until emulsified.
- Use pesto on pasta, sauteed vegetables or in scrambled eggs. Enjoy!
Pesto can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Try freezing pesto in ice cube trays for already portioned single servings to use all season. Frozen pesto will keep for up to 1 month